Applies to all competitions / activities organised by the HKOI / HKACE.
Before Proceeding to the Competition Venue
- Contestants must check their body temperature, bring their completed Health Declaration Form and surgical mask(s).
- Contestants who make false, incomplete or misleading declaration will be disqualified from the competition.
- Contestants with the following conditions MUST NOT go to the competition venue:
- Body temperature at or higher than 37.5°C (oral) / 38.0°C (tympanic)
- Presence of acute respiratory tract infection symptoms such as cough or shortness of breath
- Been to the Mainland or countries/districts in which mandatory quarantine is required within 14 days before the day of competition
- Undergoing mandatory quarantine on the day of competition
Before the Competition
- The competition venue will open 30 minutes before the reporting time. Contestants should avoid arriving at the venue early. Contestants will not be allowed to gather near the entrance.
- Before entering the venue, contestants must put on their own surgical mask properly (with the nose, mouth and chin fully covered) and rub their hands by using alcohol sanitizer gel placed in front of the entrance. Masks with valves are not acceptable.
- A body temperature screening will be set up at the entrance of the competition venue. For contestants whose temperature exceed the alert level of the forehead thermometer screening, a tympanic temperature will be taken. If the tympanic temperature is at or higher than 38.0°C, the contestant will be disqualified and be asked to leave the venue.
- After going through the temperature screening, staff will check whether contestants have completed and signed the Health Declaration Form. At the same time, the contestant will be asked to present their HKID card AND student ID card, and remove the mask temporarily for identity verification.
- The above process will be strictly enforced.
- Contestants will be led by staff to the competition computer lab directly. They should remain in the assigned seat with their masks on at all times.
During the Competition
- Contestants are required to put on a surgical mask properly and should not remove it. Those who refuse to put on their surgical mask will be regarded as having breached the competition rules.
- Contestants with serious sneezing / persistent coughing / other symptoms may be arranged to sit in a special competition room in order to minimise disturbance to other contestants.
After the Competition
- At the end of the competition, contestants should follow the instructions the invigilators to leave the competition venue in batches.
- Contestants must not gather near the school entrance.