|Date:||11th November, 2023 (Saturday)|
|Reporting Time:||Senior Group: 9:15 – 9:30 a.m.
Junior Group: 1:45 – 2:00 p.m.
|Reporting Venue:||5/F, Ho Sin Hang Engineering Building, The Chinese University of Hong Kong|
|Event Time:||Senior Group: 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Junior Group: 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
|Competition Venue:||TYW LT, Ho Sin Hang Engineering Building
ERB LT, William M W Mong Engineering Building
ERB 803, William M W Mong Engineering Building
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
|Required Documents:||Hong Kong Identity Card (for checking eligibility and entering CUHK campus)
Student ID Card
- Contestants should simply wait patiently once they arrive at the reporting venue (5/F, Ho Sin Hang Engineering Building). DO NOT proceed to the competition venue directly.
- At about 9:15 a.m. (Senior Group) / 1:45 p.m. (Junior Group), an announcement will be made to ask students to enter the competition venue. If necessary, students should use the washroom before entering the venue.
- Students should proceed to their assigned seat. Teachers and parents are not allowed to enter the venue.
- Door closes at 9:30 a.m. (Senior Group) / 2:00 p.m. (Junior Group) sharp. Students who do not enter the assigned competition venue by that time will be disqualified.
The competition will consist of one written paper of 90 minutes’ duration. Contestants who do not show up by the reporting time will be disqualified. Early leave is not allowed.
The paper will be divided into two sections: multiple choice questions, and fill-in-the-blank questions. All questions are to be attempted. Contestants must use pencils to answer both sections. Calculators are NOT allowed in the competition.
How to fill in the answer sheet and common mistakes
Multiple choice questions
– If the blank is divided into small boxes, you can write only one character in each box. The answer must not exceed the designated number of boxes.
– Write legibly. Unrecognizable answers will be regarded as incorrect.